Received the letter :) now just trying to focus on whats in front of me. I'll be entering my final semester of school and I have to keep my internship at the top of my mind. Looking back through the years, I never imagined I would be where I am today. That's not a negative in the slightest, I'm thankful for all that I have, it's just interesting to imagine different paths for your life and seeing how it really ends up. I am over the portion of life wondering what I'll do if the Peace Corps doesn't work out, I believe what will happen will happen and I just hope its one that leaves me feeling fulfilled and happy. I want to travel, more than anything, I want to just chill and dance and live life. Sounds like a total hippie huh? Ha.
Although the whole "I want to lose weight" resolution is pretty cliche, I actually did go out and purchase a membership to my university's athletic facilities. I want to be fit, feel healthy... I rather be in better health while I were away and I just haven't been feeling up to par lately, a good long work out will be good to kick my butt in gear :)
I've been reading "Saturday is for Funerals" by Unity Dow and Max Essex; it's about the AIDS epidemic in Botswana, I didn't even read a total of two pages today and it struck me that I was meant to make an impact for women and children abroad who are suffering from HIV/AIDS. I honestly can not wait until this whole application process is over and I (hopefully) will have an invitation in my hands.
Until then, continuing work and trying to enjoy the rest of my final (tear!) winter break.
Au Revoir mes amis :)
No comments:
Post a Comment