Sunday, July 17, 2011

clock's a tickin

So some things.

My invitation said that staging would be September 15/16 and depart for Cameroon on the 17th.
Word on the street is that it will be moved back to September 21/22 and be in country the 23rd. There is a group of about 10 volunteers leaving in August to begin intensive French language training and the rest of the group will come in late September. I will keep everyone posted as to whether or not this is INDEED fact, when I hear from the country desk! For now I must focus on financial deferment papers for my student loans, getting my Yellow Fever vaccination, and brushing up on my French wouldn't be a bad day. If we do leave a week later I think I'll be both relieved and angsty at the same time. I have been waiting for this for so long, the application process alone took over a year, and then a 4-5 month gap between invitation and staging. It has been a good cushion with a number of events occurring: graduating and moving and needing to make money and wanting to experience and do things and see friends and family before leaving.


I wanted to mention some of my preferred French films (for anyone looking for entertainment or to practice) I feel like film is a great medium to learn a language because it's both pleasure and educational. :)

(in no specific order):

1. Amelie
2. Le Papillon
3. 8 Femmes
4. Le Placard
5. Persepolis
6. Monsieur Ibrahim et les fleurs du Coran

No comments:

Post a Comment