Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Solidarity

So Wisconsin has been up in arms lately regarding the budget "repair" bill our govenor, Scott Walker is trying to pass. Taking away collective bargaining rights, forcing layoffs, using threats and manipulation to keep sheep herded. It has been a politically heated time and frankly makes me feel as if we have stepped 50 years in the past. I am not a social activist, humanist, feminist, etc to see this kind of blatant disrespect and honestly bullshit from happening. I do not want to seem as if leaving the country or state is me throwing in the towel and running away. Our world is in a state of disarray and I have a strong desire to experience and bathe myself in the richness of other cultures/ lands. But this is just the perfect time for me to leave and move on to bigger and hopefully better things. I updated my resume and sent it to placement. I have read that we won't be hearing until probably April. I hope it is sooner rather than later, I want this verrrrry badly, but if it isn't going to happen I want to be prepared for what happens next. I'm thinking Portland, Oregon if not.... or San Francisco :)














The Castro District of San Francisco, CA- July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment